The pattern is as follows:
Reasoning- 60 marks
English- 30 marks
Quants- 30 marks
General Awareness- 80 marks
Continue reading “Strategy for RBI Grade B Exam”
Financial Awareness for RBI Grade B-10 July 2017
Legal heavyweights join Essar’s challenge to RBI’s bad loan plan (Source: MINT)
- Some of the top legal brains in the country are facing off in the ongoing Essar Steel versus Reserve Bank of India (RBI) tussle in Gujarat high court.
- The case was triggered after RBI moved the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) to initiate insolvency proceedings against Essar Steel. Eleven other companies are facing a similar fate, it is part of RBI’s new plan to resolve Indian banks’ accumulated bad debt problem of around Rs 8 trillion.
Continue reading “Financial Awareness for RBI Grade B-10 July 2017”
Financial Awareness for RBI Grade B-6 July 2017
RBI: Digital transactions’ value rose by 2.4% in June (Source: MINT)
- Digital transactions rose in June in terms of value from the previous month, according to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Total digital transactions rose 2.36% to Rs113.73 trillion, from Rs111.11 trillion in May, according to the provisional data released by RBI.
- The number of digital transactions, however, declined marginally to 831.7 million in June from 858.5 million in May. The highest volume was recorded in December at 957.5 million. Digital transactions include those conducted through credit and debit cards, unified payments interface (UPI), unstructured supplementary service data (USSD), prepaid payment instruments (PPIs) and internet banking.
Continue reading “Financial Awareness for RBI Grade B-6 July 2017”
Financial Awareness for RBI Grade B-5 July 2017
Jyoti Structures first to face bankruptcy proceedings under IBC (Source: MINT)
- The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has approved bankruptcy proceedings for power infrastructure company Jyoti Structures Ltd, making it the first among the 12 cases referred by the central bank under India’s new Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
- The tribunal’s order came on an insolvency application filed last week by the company’s lead lender State Bank of India (SBI). According to NCLT filings, the company has total debt of Rs7,000 crore.
- Jyoti Structures was one of the power sector firms hit by a lack of fuel linkages or trouble in completing the land acquisition. Lenders invoked RBI’s strategic debt restructuring (SDR) norms in 2015 and restructured its debt outside the provisions of SDR. Since then, banks have been trying to sell their 51% stake in the company with no success.
Continue reading “Financial Awareness for RBI Grade B-5 July 2017”
Central Bank of India gets shareholders nod for raising Rs6,500 crore (Source: MINT)
- Public Sector lender Central Bank of India has received shareholders nod for raising up to Rs6,500 crore by follow-on public offer, rights issue and Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP).
Continue reading “Financial Awareness for RBI Grade B-4 July 2017”
BBB recommends 15 names for executive directors appointment in PSU banks (Source: MINT)
- Banks Board Bureau (BBB) has recommended to the government names of 15 general managers of various public sector banks for appointment as executive directors.
- The recommendations were made by BBB chairman Vinod Rai and other members of the bureau. The list would be sent to the Department of Financial Services to get Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) clearance, officials said. The ACC is headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Continue reading “Financial Awareness for RBI Grade B-3 July 2017”